Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sassy Cheryl's: A Sketch

Here it is, the final challenge...so sad. I've been a part of the Sassy Cheryl's Design Team since it started. I've made friends, really good friends, among them the Sassy Boss Lady herself, Cheryl.

The craft world is forever changing---just like life! Paper Craft Planet, my haven for a number of years and the place where I first connected with Cheryl and my "Sassy Sistahs", closed. Our tight knit group nearly wept, but we managed to soldier on and found another forum where we connect on nearly a daily basis.

Challenges and blogs, once so very popular and oh, so active seem to be closing down---people move on, circumstances change, and new interests or trends emerge. And, so it is.

BUT, here's the GREAT news, the silver lining, as it were...Sassy Cheryl will continue to draw her fabulous images. You'll still be able to shop at her online store and the Sassy DT, though no longer a "formal" group, will continue to share creations on Facebook and Splitcoast---and you, too, can share your creations on these venues. In fact, look for information regarding a new Facebook Group...I guarantee you'll have fun sharing your creations and getting inspired!



Maddie's Blue Hat


This one's for you, Sassy Boos Lady. Cheryl and I learned early on that we both have an affinity for RED shoes so naturally, I gave Maddie red shoes! Oh, and polka dots, Cheryl loves polka dots!

I used a new pad of paper appropriately named "Cut & Paste" by Amy Tangerine.  I picked up at Michael's on a recent expedition---shopping is no small feat around these parts. I have to travel! I colored with Copics and used Technique Tuesday, Nestabilities, and Taylored Expressions die cuts.

Do join us for our last challenge! Be sure to use the sketch (open to artistic interpretation) and a Sassy Cheryl's image!  This week's challenge will last only one week so get those entries in early!

I'll still be here so come by and visit from time to time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Missing Mr. Rogers

Missing Mr. Rogers Witten thoughtfully and with love, by Ann English 3-03-2019 There are three ways to ultimate success. The fi...