Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sassy Cheryl's Show Me Thursday


This is a vision board-really?!  A vision of what?  I had a prompt-cut out pictures and words that appeal to you.  No rhyme or reason for any of these choices, really...unless my subconscious was at work.  My resources-magazines-were somewhat limited and therefore, dictated some my choices.  I've thought of redoing this, but the only magazines I have left are crafting magazines.  While I want to "invite" creative crafting into my life, that isn't my whole picture.

Now, if I look at this and try to analyze my choices after the fact, I see some themes: creativity, learning, self-acceptance, spirituality...

I cut out pictures of babies, puppies and kittens, but I'm way past having babies (oh, but my grand baby...JOY!) and we have a full compliment of dogs and cats---not inviting any more critters into my world right now! None of those pictures made the board.

I wanted to find pictures of multigenerational family dinners-I DO want to invite that into my life!  Piles of money would be nice.  Money does NOT buy happiness and can even create its own problems---or so I've been told, but I'd like some piles so I didn't have to worry about my old age, so I could help my kids get established... but I didn't find any pictures of money and really, would I have pasted that to my board?  Hmmm...  I don't know-mute point!

My base is a piece a cardboard-kind of ragged on the sides, giving it an artsy look!  I started to get a little too obsessive about clean cut pages so started to throw caution to the wind---a little bit!

I've challenged my daughters to create their own vision boards.  This is not a new process to them and they look very carefully for their pictures unlike Momma, here, who went purely on attraction.   I can't wait to see what they come up with!

If you want to create a vision board but want a better sense of what they are supposed to be, just google Vision Board.  You'll find plenty of links-among them Oprah's site.

So, Mz. Sassy Cheryl, this is what I worked on this week-one of the many things!  And this is what makes me oh, so happy right now...I've printed a ginormous copy of this and posted it right under my vision board...



3 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS vision board, Ann! What a great idea! And little Miss Nora is of course gorgeous and adorable as always! What a cutie!!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. You have me thinking on what my board would look like. Wouldn't it be nice to have a collection of Vision Boards from different stages of you life? Little Miss Nora is tugging on my heart strings. She is as cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, you are so freaking talented. I love this and quite honestly after looking at it, IT IS YOU!!!!! Baby B is absolutely beautiful. Think she'd have to be the center of a vision board.

    ReplyDelete

Missing Mr. Rogers

Missing Mr. Rogers Witten thoughtfully and with love, by Ann English 3-03-2019 There are three ways to ultimate success. The fi...